You are here
The Records Disposition Program was established by state statute as far back as 1939 with the current program established in 1961. The agency is mandated by statute to have an effective records disposition program. Improper destruction of records could lead to legal sanctions and loss of documents of historical significance. Proper management of records will allow for the effective use of space, allow stored records to be accessible, and ensure agency compliance with statute. The Oklahoma Department of Corrections records management program is established by Operations Memorandum OP-020202 entitled "Management of Office Records."
- Questions Frequently Asked About Records Disposition-FAQ
- General Records Disposition Schedule
- Agency Records Disposition Schedule (ARDS)
- Records Disposition Forms
- Department of Libraries Records Management Division
Completed forms are to be sent to the attention of the Agency Records Disposition Coordinator.
3400 Martin Luther King Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73111-4298