Information on Supplemental Payroll FAQs

Why am I on supplemental payroll?

Supplemental payroll is used for those individuals who are not getting a full check during a particular month.  This includes newly hired employees who enter on duty with the Department of Corrections (DOC) on any day other than the first work day of the month or an employee who is on unauthorized absence (UA); leave without pay (LWOP); suspension without pay (SWOP); military leave without pay (MO); or employees for whom workers compensation (WKC) has been filed. In addition, any employee that separates on any day other than at the end of their shift on the last working day of the month will be placed on supplemental payroll without exception.

Employees in any of the above categories will not be paid on the main payroll at the end of the month.  The reason for this process is to allow payroll to accurately pay employees for the actual hours worked.  In order to determine the correct pay, the Payroll Unit requires a processed OPM-14 and a processed time sheet.

Back to Top

How does payroll know who is on supplemental payroll?

The facility/district/unit Human Resources Management Specialist (HRMS) must submit the names of the employees to be removed from the main payroll on the “Notification to Remove Employee From Main Payroll” form.  The HRMS must notify the central office Payroll Unit to remove an employee from main payroll as soon as possible.  

Back to Top

When will I get my money?

OP-110120, Procedures for Time/Leave Sheets and Payroll Processing, sets forth procedures used for supplemental payroll.

Supplemental payroll checks are processed on or about the 12th day of the month following the end of the pay period (if the 12th falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the checks will be processed on the last working day prior to the weekend).  If Payroll does not receive the required documents (a processed OPM-14 and a completed time sheet) in a timely manner prior to processing supplemental payroll, the employee will be paid on the first available off cycle payroll. 

The employee's funds should be directly deposited into their account, or onto their pay card, on or about the 15th day of the month following the pay period.  For employees not on direct deposit, or enrolled in the pay card system, their actual check will be delivered to the facility/district/unit HRMS on or about 15th of the month following the pay period.

Back to Top

When do I go back on the main payroll?

An employee will be returned to main payroll on the next pay period in which the employee is to receive a full paycheck.

Back to Top

Who do I contact if I have questions?

If an employee has any questions they should first contact their facility/district/unit HRMS.  The Central Human Resources – Payroll Unit is also available to answer questions.  Please contact Patti Ormerod at (405) 425-2859 for assistance.  If she is unavailable and immediate assistance is required, please call (405) 425-2644 for assistance.

Back to Top

Contact DOC

Main Location
3400 North Martin Luther King Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73111-4298

PO Box 11400
Oklahoma City, OK  73136-0400

Phone: (405) 425-2500
Fax: (405) 425-2578

Contact ODOC

In compliance with the reporting requirements of 74 O.S. 3106.4[C], this agency is making known that it stores name, birth date, place of birth, mother’s maiden name, biometric records, Social Security number, official state or government issued driver license or identification number, alien registration number, government passport number, and employer or taxpayer identification numbers.   The personally identifiable data is stored both electronically and in confidential paper files.  The data is shared in compliance with court orders and agreements with other government bodies.

Subscribe to DOC Updates!

 Email Updates 
To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Top Resources

Closed Records

Employment Verification (405) 425-2644

Sex and Violent Offender Registration

Victim Services

Community Outreach

Visitation Policy

Volunteer Opportunities

If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, call Onelife at 800-559-9544 or the National Suicide Prevention lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Click here for more suicide awareness information.