Home  /  News  /  Newsroom

ODOC ending contracts with Turley Residential Center, Oklahoma Halfway House

ODOC ending contracts with Turley Residential Center, Oklahoma Halfway House

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma Department of Corrections is terminating its contract with two halfway houses, the Oklahoma Halfway House in Oklahoma City, and Turley Residential Center in Tulsa. 

ODOC is ending the contracts because more inmates are eligible for global positioning system supervision after changes to state law governing the program. 

Turley Residential Center, which was home to 38 inmates on Friday, has a capacity of 180 inmates. Its inmates will be moved April 29 to Catalyst Behavioral Services in Enid. 

ODOC pays CoreCivic, a private company which also operates two prisons, $34.22 daily per inmate to operate the Turley halfway house. The agency also pays any medical and mental health costs in addition to that daily rate.

The agency’s contract with Oklahoma Halfway House, operated by a nonprofit, will end June 30. It had 39 male inmates Friday with a capacity of 50. Many of its inmates will have finished their sentences by June 30, but those who remain will be moved to other halfway houses.

Halfway house inmates are typically serving time for nonviolent crimes, and all are close to finishing their sentences.

GPS supervision is frequently a better alternative for these qualifying, nonviolent inmates to complete sentences under supervision while gaining work experience, family time, access to services and other necessities.

Media Contact:

Matt Elliott, Public Information Manager
Office: (405) 425-2520
Cell: (405) 435-9173

Contact DOC

Main Location
3400 North Martin Luther King Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73111-4298

PO Box 11400
Oklahoma City, OK  73136-0400

Phone: (405) 425-2500
Fax: (405) 425-2578

Contact ODOC

In compliance with the reporting requirements of 74 O.S. 3106.4[C], this agency is making known that it stores name, birth date, place of birth, mother’s maiden name, biometric records, Social Security number, official state or government issued driver license or identification number, alien registration number, government passport number, and employer or taxpayer identification numbers.   The personally identifiable data is stored both electronically and in confidential paper files.  The data is shared in compliance with court orders and agreements with other government bodies.

Subscribe to DOC Updates!

 Email Updates 
To sign up for updates or to access your subscriber preferences, please enter your contact information below.

Top Resources

Closed Records

Employment Verification (405) 425-2644

Sex and Violent Offender Registration

Victim Services

Community Outreach

Visitation Policy

Volunteer Opportunities

If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, call Onelife at 800-559-9544 or the National Suicide Prevention lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Click here for more suicide awareness information.