What is on-the-job training (OJT)?
On-the-job training (OJT) is training you receive while actually performing a job and earning wages, as well as receiving your GI Bill benefits. OJT programs normally range from six months to two years in length.
Who can apply?
Current employees who have less than one year service with the Department of Corrections and who are:
- Veterans who have been separated from service for less than 10 years; or
- National Guard or Reservists with less than 10 years service
- Correctional Officer
- Correctional Case Manager
- Fugitive Apprehension Agent
- Probation and Parole Officer
- Correctional Training Officer