To lead the agency process of supplementing state-appropriated funds to support of the agency mission by identifying, applying for, receiving, monitoring and retaining grant funding.
- Monitor all federal program announcements with evaluation of potential agency use within one week or less.
- Monitor state sub-grant announcements with evaluation of potential agency use within one week or less.
- Monitor federal legislation for future grant funding programs as well as determining prognosis for future funding sources.
- Search for non-governmental funding sources to support agency operations.
- Establish agency grants policy and procedure and insure communication of grant guidelines to all agency staff who are involved in agency grant applications.
- Provide effective advice to staff and recommendations to executive staff and director regarding grant application decisions.
- Insure involvement of all effected staff in preparation of successful grant applications.
- Monitor and schedule to insure quality applications are submitted by grant deadlines.
- Maintain a systematic means of effectively monitoring all grants received to insure all grant requirements regarding programmatic and financial reporting are completed in a thorough and timely manner.
- Conduct regular systematic review of financial records for all grants.
- Conduct facility level site visits to monitor all grant programs.
- Maintain effective regular communication with granting authorities and keeping abreast of all grant related requirements.
- Establish and maintain supportive contact with grants administration or appropriate staff with other agencies to develop collaborative opportunities that are mutually beneficial.
- Insure all grant programs implement effective evaluation that will show program effectiveness in support of obtaining funding for similar programs or to continue worthy programs when grant funds are no longer available.
- Successful implement all FY 2014 milestones contained in the Revised Grants Transition to Excellence Plan FY2011-FY2014
Number of grants and total dollars received in grants during the last fiscal year.
Number of grants and total dollars received in grants during the current fiscal year.
Both number of grants and total dollars in grants received will decrease less than ten percent (10%) over the prior fiscal year.
Lisa Burlingame, Grants Administrator 7-5-13
"Continue to find the needed money, be sure it is used properly and well, continue everything that shows it contributes to the mission"