The Board of Corrections are appointees: five members are appointed by the Governor; two members are appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives; and two members are appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
The board is the governing body for the department. Members are responsible for:
1) Establishing and reviewing policies for the operation of the department;
2) Establishing and maintaining institutions necessary for the operation of programs for the education, training, vocational education and rehabilitation of prisoners under the jurisdiction of the department;
3) Leasing any property for the operation of prison industries;
4) Acquiring, constructing, extending, improving, maintaining and operating any and all facilities of all kinds which are necessary or convenient to foster the prison industries program;
5) Requiring the director and any other personnel of the department to give bond for the faithful performance of their duties;
6) Entering into contracts with private prison contractors; and
7) Providing training to employees of private prison contractors and other governmental entities on a fee basis.
Board of Corrections
P.O. Box 11400
Oklahoma City, OK 73136-0400
Do not submit parole information to the Board of Corrections. A separate agency, the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board, manages those requests.